Friday, July 3, 2009

You just never too old for an adventure!





Well my cousin Brenda, the bravest woman I know, decided that she had enough of California and trying to work for old Arnie. He kept cutting her working days and wanting to give her IOU's instead of wages, so she sold her house, retired early and moved to the South without knowing a living sole, except her realtor!

Well if you know me, I'm like my Papa Johnson's old dog, always ready for a trip! So we left California last Saturday afternoon and proceeded to drive over 2,800 miles, through 8 states and well, here we are! Pretty tired and everyday is a new learning experience.

Had lunch with one of my favorite blogging buddies today and Nana Trish is a true love! That in it self was so wonderful because we make friends out in Cyberspace and then to have the honor to meet her really touched my heart. She brought precious Avery her granddaughter with her, and we all laughed our selves silly.

If I believed in past lives, I would say were sisters. We live in similar houses, have the same style wallet! She brought me a beautiful purse to remind me of the state and a wonderful house warming gift for my cousin Brenda. We're so appreciative and then she bought our lunch too. Not to worry we are going to try to visit her hometown this weekend and I get to buy her lunch.

I'll be sending pictures when I can find my camera cord! My cousin and I are having such a great time together, finding new stores and getting lost everyday. Thanks goodness for Garmin!

I too love the south with all it's beauty and gracious people and will truly miss it when I leave. If you ever have a chance to come....don't hesitate!

Dustye

4 comments:

a woman who is said...

So glad you are on this adventure, and meeting Nana Trish. I can't wait to hear more...and pic's oh boy.

Enjoy every moment Dustye!

Knitting Mania said...

YAY, I was so excited to see a new post! But no photo's...Pout!

Sounds like so much fun with Nana Trish...can't wait to hear the stories and see photo's!!!!! ;)

Good visit this morning on the phone, I'm calling you in the morning for more details....

Guess Pat and Ed visited over the phone and the 'help' didn't show up again...OMG Dustye you guys must be exhausted...hang in there BFF, and I know you are truly enjoying this wonderful experience with cousin Brenda!!

Hugs~~~~~

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

Dustye, I can't begin to tell you how much fun Avery and I had yesterday. What a great day! Avery told me in the car, "I wonder if they could tell I didn't really want to leave." Well, honestly I didn't want to either, but I knew we didn't want to wear out our welcome. Brenda is a great person and we can't wait to see you next weekend. Us having matching wallets was the frosting on the cake. Okay, that has to mean something. I wish Knitting Mania and her sweet sister, a woman who is could have been with us. I haven't laughed so much in a long time. Also, thank Brenda again for the peaches. We had the greatest time and I can't wait to see you again. luv ya, Trish

Knitting Mania said...

Awww...thanks Trish...wish I could of been there too, now I'm missing out!!! LOL

So you guys are meeting up again, how wonderful, isn't the Lord good to us and His blessings last forever!!!

Chow~~~~~