Monday, September 7, 2009

Summer Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salad


Well summer is almost over, but here in California we still can get good corn on the cob. We eat a lot of corn all summer since it's such a versatile vegetable. We barbecue it on the cob, use in a great variety of soups, but I really love it in salad. So here is a recipe that's easy, tasty and fun to add to an outdoor dinner party.

SUMMER CORN, TOMATO AND AVOCADO SALAD

THE SALAD:

6 ears of corn with the kernels removed
4 cups of grape tomatoes sliced in half
1 1/2 pound mozzarella cubed
3 medium avocados, diced


SALAD DRESSING:

2 Cups packed fresh cilantro
3/4 Cup Olive Oil
4 T. fresh lime juice
2 t. finely grated lime juice
1 1/2 T. sugar
Salt and pepper to taste


Add all the dressing ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Let is set for several hours in the frig before serving so all the flavors come together.

I'm so blessed to have such a great family and friends to share my cooking with. It really brings me such joy. This is simple, easy and your guests will love it. This salad is great with a barbecue and we all still have time before our cold weather arrives. I hope that you give it try. Enjoy!


Dustye

3 comments:

Schnitzel and the Trout said...

Dustye, this salad sounds wonderful. Can't wait to get back to Florida to try it. Hope Ed is feeling better. By the way, thanks for the chicken soup recipe. It sounds great.

Knitting Mania said...

Yummo...have everything but the corn on the cob...I suppose one can use whole kernal canned corn? Just bought avacados at Costo today...oh I need a lime I guess. LOL

I'm trying it, even though our temps have been in the 60's today and yesterday, it still sunny out and this sounds good with bbq chicken!

Hugs~~~

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

Wow, you have the best receipes. Brenda and I are going to get together Saturday and I wish you were coming with us. I'm so happy she got her job. Praise the Lord. Please pray for Jolie tomorrow, Wed. Avery gets home Thursday morning. I can't wait to see my girl.