Thursday, October 23, 2008

Shrimp Enchiladas Verde


Okay, okay, your all right, I have been away much too long...no real excuse except that life just gets in my way. Even though I haven't written in a while, I have checked on you my friends. So since I heard that the salad I had left on the last blog has wilted beyond belief, how about a new recipe. This one is totally yummy for all you foodies out there and I think you going to love it!

SHRIMP ENCHILADAS VERDE
1 1/2 lbs. peeled cooked shrimp 21-25 count tails removed and diced
1 C frozen corn thawed
2 small cans chopped green chilies undrained
2 C canned green enchilada sauce or green salsa divided
12 corn tortillas
1 15z. can refried beans
1 C shredded cheese, mexican style
1 C chopped fresh cilantro
1 lime into wedges

Oven should be set 425 degrees. Spray pam on a 13 x 9 glass baking dish. Combine shrimp, corn, chilies and 1/2 cup of enchilada or green salsa and put in microwave oven for 2 1/2 minutes.

Spread 1/4 cup of sauce in baking dish. Top with 6 corn tortillas. Spread the refried beans evenly over the tortillas. Top with shrimp mixture and then add 6 more tortillas. Pour the remaining shrimp mix over the tortillas and cover the dish with foil.

Bake the enchiladas until it begins to bubble around 20 minutes. Remove the foil and spread the cheese on top. Continue baking until heated through and cheese is all melted about 5 minutes. Top with as much cilantro as you want and serve it with the limes wedges.

This is really yummy and your family and guests will really it. This is different and new and definitely a keeper. My family just loves it. Add a salad and fresh fruit! Enjoy!

5 comments:

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

Did you hear the big scream from Georgia? Hooray! You are back. I have missed you and glad you are doing good. I wonder if you and Chris are having so much fun you can't grab a minute for your blog. This receipe sounds yummy. Don't stay away so long next time. Hugs, Trish

Knitting Mania said...

HEE-HAW...wow this does sound good, maybe I could sample this in person at your house. HAAAaaaaaaa just kidding darling...I'm making this one for Patty boy!

Good to see your update, see ya later today!!!

Chrissy loo loo

nanatrish said...

Dustye, you must have the cleanest house, best cooked meals, tons of crafts and all that plus something else. You need to post so I know you are doing good. Take care! Hugs, Trish

a woman who is said...

This one sounds delish. I will give it a try, because it also sounds easy =)

Now what kind of soup recipes do you have????

That's what I am asking...my favorite kind of meal this time of the year.

Knitting Mania said...

Okay your shrimp enchiladas are starting to smell a little fishy!!!

Wink-- ;)